Sometimes, your System Preference toolbar has too many panes that makes your work inconvenient. Most of such toolbars are built-in and they cannot be removed from Mac. However, there is a possibility to use MacBook without any difficulties by hiding them.
Users also face the situation on appearing of the new System Preference panes after uploading third-party apps. Even if the app is uninstalled, panes can pop up on the bottom line with System Preferences. In this case, you can easily remove them and now we will tell you how to manage your System Preferences easily.
To start with any operation regarding System Preference, one should be aware of their location. They are located in the Application folder, where you can also perform other different customizations of your Mac.
Hiding Toolbar with System Preferences
- Go to Application folder and start System Preferences. Also, this operation can be executed via the Apple menu bar.
- In the opened menu find View and choose Customize.
- In the right bottom near each icon, there will appear a checkbox.
- Now your task is to leave unselected those panes, which you do not view on the toolbar.
- That is it, click Done and enjoy your work.
Removing Preference Toolbar
- Open the System Preferences menu via the specified above folder.
- Find third-party toolbar and locate it in the bottom line.
- Right-click the pane and select Remove
- If required, enter your admin password.
As you see, customization is easy and simple and can be made within few clicks. Besides, there is also another option of preference panes deleting. You can do it manually.
Manual Removing of Preference Toolbar
- Navigate to the Finder window and click Go.
- Open the drop-down menu by means of holding down Option button and choose Library.
- Find PrefrencePanes container in the Library.
- Now, there’s the most difficult part. You need to find the .prefPane file for the specific pane, which you want to be removed.
- Deleting of this file is available via right-clicking and choosing Move to Trash.
- For applying changes and correct work it is required to restart your Mac.
It does not matter whether you have a new version of High Sierra installed on your mac or any other not updated version; it is quite simple to customize your work. Just follow our instructions and enjoy your user experience on Mac!