In this guide, we will teach you how to delete the browser history on Mac, as you visit a bunch of different websites every day. Also, you will know how to clear browser history on a Mac for the favorite browsers (Safari, Google Chrome, or FireFox). There is a number of circumstances for clearing the web history no matter if it is a browsing history or the search history. For example, if you find any information that you want to keep confidential, you can remove the views on your Mac or Apple’s iOS 11. In any case, you can always use the backup software on Mac and save confidential information.
To be sure, your valuable information was not removed and is in safety, try using MacFly Pro. It makes the process really faster and makes all dirty and boring job for you.
Mac OS X has the default web browser Safari. Like any other browser, it will record all the Internet pages that you visit, and compile a list of them, which will be saved up in your browsing history. If you suddenly close up the browser’s window or tab or you want to go to a frequently visited website, you can simply:
- Click at the top of the Safari window the tab named History. Choose “Show all history” in the drop-down menu. You will see a list of all the pages that you have visited. You can delete any of the Internet sites from the list by right-clicking it and clicking Remove.
- This list is made in chronological order. You can find the websites that you visited on a specific date and again visit them.
- If you do not want anyone to know that you are visiting a particular Internet site, you can delete history by clicking “Clear the history …” in the upper right corner of the window.
- After pressing the key, select the pop-up window and choose the time period, which, according to your preferences, will be cleared.
- Click the button and your visited pages will be deleted.
Clearing Browsing History in Mac’s Google Chrome
You can delete the history in Google Chrome on Mac by taking the following steps:
- Open the Google Chrome app.
- You can simply press Cmd + Y to open the window of History or click on the sign (3 vertical dots) in the upper right corner. In the drop-down list, tap “History” to see the window of the saved web pages.
- Now click on “Clear Browsing data” on the left side.
- A pop-up window will appear, in which you can select which websites or time periods you wish to remove from the list.
- Now you can click the blue button “Clear Browsing data” to erase all these saved browsing data of Google Chrome from your Mac.
Clearing Browsing History in Mac’s FireFox
The process of clearing the browser history in FireFox is actually similar to the previous one. For making it, you need:
- Open the “History” tab at the top of the menu.
- Select “Show all history”.
- Choose a period of time, which you need to remove if you do not clean the whole history.
- Select all the entries that you wish to remove, and click “Delete”. If you wish to remove a specific hyperlink, go to it, right-click it and select “Delete this page”.
We saw the main ways to clean the browser history in the most popular browsers on a Mac. Manual cleaning is considered awkward and labour-intensive. In addition to this, you need to make a lot of searches on the Web to find the right method for cleaning the views in one of the browsers. Now, we will tell you about the more comfortable and safe way to delete history on Mac from your Safari, Google Chrome, and FireFox.
With the help of MacFly Pro, you clear the history way faster. This one is a safe and fast method of cleaning the data that you want to get rid of from easily accessible places. MacFly Pro is a comfortable app with a good design; it has many necessary functions that you will adore.