Already found out that disk space should be cleaned properly, but still don’t know how to clean Mac disk space? Well, you’ve got to the right place. This article will teach you not just how to clean Mac disk space, but also how to check it if needed.
But first things first. As you know, all those applications and files you use via your Mac are stored on its hard drive. You need to check out the free space on your hard drive constantly to make sure your system will not fail. Any computer needs some certain index of free space to be effective and functions normally. Here we gathered few instructions on how to clean Mac disk space.
Stage1. Checking Disk Space on Your Mac
There are two ways to check your Mac’s hard disk free space:
- Access your desktop and tap the Apple icon.
- Select About This Mac section.
- Check all the related info in Storage.
Another way of checking free space on a hard disk is also simple:
- Right-click the hard drive icon on your Mac’s desktop.
- Then choose Get Info button.
- There will be indexes of Used and Available space.
Please note that as your Mac is slowing down, it may be the sign you need to clean up your memory and system. So, there are two ways available for this procedure. The manual one and with a special cleaning tool. The one we recommend is MacFly Pro.
MacFly Pro is a professional level utility for boosting your system’s speed and Saving Mac hard drive space. It works perfectly with all Mac versions and types. Not all that junk that leaves some trash and cookies is easy to remove manually. But with the help of a special tool, it is much easier to learn how to clean Mac disk space.
Stage 2. How to Clean Mac Disk Space with MacFly Pro
- Install the application on your computer. Go to the official website to download the installation file and run it on your Mac. Just follow the instructions of the installer and then activate your subscription plan.
- Then you can start with the actual process of cleaning. Just start the scanning process to let the program identify all the problem areas on your Mac and gather info about all the junk files that can and should be deleted from your hard disk. Usually, it goes with Download History, Browsing History, Caches, Cookies, etc.
- The program also can delete all the files you don’t need anymore and even don’t know about. With special optimization and cleaning features available, you can really change the entire behavior of your Mac and make it faster.
As you see, it is a usual thing for Macs and other computers to run out of disk space. You need to check your hard drive and clean it constantly. The number of files that lay on your disk can rise to dozens of gigabytes. And the main problem is that it is too difficult to scan the entire system by yourself. And here is the perfect chance for you to try some professional helper like MacFly Pro. Believe it is a real deal.